ՈՉ : VOTCH.- NON
ՈՉ : VOTCH.- NON
THE REJECTION OF THE PROTOCOLS BETWEEN ARMENIA AND TURKEY
On August 31, the governments of the Republic of Armenia and the Republic of Turkey, under the auspices of Switzerland, agreed to submit for internal political consultations a “protocol on the establishment of diplomatic relations” and a “protocol on the development of bilateral relations,” followed by their signature and ratification.
These protocols affect the future of the Armenian people as a whole, including that of the Diaspora. This Diaspora not being represented as such, neither by the representatives of the Republic of Armenia nor by those of the States of which its members are citizens, our duty commands us imperatively to react by means of this petition, which is open to the signatures of all who uphold human dignity.
We take exception in advance to any initiative that would attempt to interpret this reaction as one directed against the Republic of Armenia, specifying that, quite to the contrary, it seeks to defend the vital interests and fundamental rights of the Armenian people.
Under these conditions, the signers of this petition,
– Recalling that the conception they have of Armenia exceeds that which is limited to the Republic of Armenia and its territory,
– Subsequently recalling that the authorities of the Republic of Armenia are not authorized to decide all questions that concern the entire Armenian people, notably that of the Genocide of 1915, of which heritage the Diaspora remains a depository,
– Recalling that to submit such a unique experience as genocide to negotiations and a judgment by governmental commissions or sub-commissions would subordinate the truth to political maneuvers and power relations,
– Reaffirming the universal consensus that has arisen from the experience of the Genocide of the Jews, a consensus that condemns denialist undertakings and stipulates that a genocide cannot be legitimately studied except by those who have already recognized it,
– Considering therefore that, by the signing of these protocols, Armenia marginalizes the Diaspora, and enters into the strategy of the Turkish State to divide the Armenian people and to stigmatize and delegitimize the Diaspora for advocating the consciousness of the Genocide,
– Considering that this signing was imposed by those who would like to see the Armenian State build itself up by disowning a part of the Armenian people,
1. Consequently reject these protocols as an effort of the Turkish State to impose on the economically vulnerable Republic of Armenia its distorted vision of history from which the Republic of Turkey was formed and which is consubstantial with it,
2. Call upon the Diaspora to reaffirm and strengthen its identity as holder of the memory of the Genocide of the Armenians by means of a project developed independently in critical dialogue with the authorities of the Republic of Armenia,
3. Call upon all those who uphold human dignity to express their rejection of these agreements which endanger the integrity of the Armenian people.
No to the terms of the Protocols between Turkey and Armenia.
NO to the Protocols
Politics aside, common sense of any national dictates that its country’s interests should come first before any other consideration. Now, Mr. Serge Sarkissian, you and your Administration are well aware that there are more Armenians in the Diaspora than in Armenia itself. Therefore, we demand that opinion of all Armenians in the world be taken into account when it comes to the fate of our beloved country, ARMENIA. We expect you to reject signing these PROTOCOLS.
Առ որ անկ է
Արեւմտահայուն տեսակէտը անշրջանցելի անհրաժեշտութիւն մըն է Հայ եւ Թրքական յարաբերութիւններու բնականոնացման համար, պարզապէս անոր համար որ, 1915 Ապրիլ 24-ի արդար ժառանգորդն է ան եւ Հայաստանի ղեկաւարութիւնը նկատի պէտք է առնէ այս իրողութիւնը Հայու անուան տակ կատարուելիք Ազգային եւ Միջ-Ազգային բանակցութիւններու Պարագային։
Պէտք է ի մտի ունենալ որ, սփիւրքի մէջ ԱՐԵՒՄՏԱՀԱՅՆ է որ Հայուն –համահայկական առումով-ծանօթացուցած է Միջազգային հրապարակներու վրայ եւ իր դատը արդարօրէն պաշտպանած։ Կը յուսամ որ Արեւմտահայը իր պայքարը պիտի շարունակէ մինչեւ ի լրումն արդար հատուցման, թէկուզ առանց
Հայաստանի պետական զօրակցութեան, ինչպէս եղած է ցայսօր։
Հայաստանը պարտի յարգել ՍՓԻՒՌՔԱՀԱՅՈՒՆ,յիշելով անոր բերած բարոյական եւ նիւթական նպաստը իր անկախութեան ճգնաժամային առաջին ժամանակաշրջանին, որպէս իր ամբողջական մասնիկը եւ այս՝ ի գին մեծ զոհողութեան։
Protocols: No; Treaty: Yes
make it clear to Abdulla Gul, Erdogan, Davoudoghlu, Serge Sargsian, Edward Nalbandian and others that the Armenian people don’t need any protocols or any similar fairy tales.
Even the Armenian children of today can understand that the only way to achieve a real peace with Turkey is unconditional acceptance of the following 3 simple points:
1. Ratification of the Treaty of Sevres, 20 August 1920,
2, The map of Woodrow Wilson,
3. Recognition, rehabilitation, reconciliation.
I am almost sure that you will agree whith me that thess 3 points mentioned above are the only way for the Armenian people to survive.
Nicolai Romashuk Hairabedian
On behalf of my grandparents whom I have never met because of the Genocide & the 1.5Million lost , the world should not allow for this to proceed.
I expect the Armenian President to take action in protecting our lands & its people. Shame on you Sarkissian…..Wake up!
Well, unfortunately the world
Well, unfortunately the world has never been just to us. It’s survival of the fittest, specially in this materialistic and greedy world!
No to protokols
No to the Protocols & No to Mr. Serge Sarkissian
By opening the border you are making a huge mistake not only regarding our past but also of our future; because there will not be a future… and as we build whatever we have now, we’ll lose everything what we had, have and ever will get… Most importantly Mr. Serge Sarkissian is the fact that you think that Armenia will be saved by those protocols.. You should find the problems of Armenia somewhere else and not only by opening the border you will solve this problem. Search for an answer of salvation inside your country.. because the answer is not alway from outside. You wil destroy our PAST, our FUTURE, but most of all our NATION…
VOTCH!!! NO to Protocols!
Wake up Mr. Sarkissian/Armenians!
NO !!! VOTCH !!! Mr. Serge Sarkissian, Armenians with one voice reject signing these protocols.
Everything is NO for Turkey! Turkey give us what we/Armenians want, ONLY then we think what we have to give you.
Mr. Sarkissian, do we have to know Turkey NOW! Enough is enough for Armenians to believe in FALSE HOPES. For example, Turkey is dying to become one of the EU members. However EU does not want Turkey ! Mr. Sarkissian do you think EU knows something, but Armenians do not?
Comments are closed.